A Fresh Start

Hey guys! I haven't been blogging on this site for a while, and while a lot of things have happened to me in the past year or so, I decided that it is time to reintroduce myself to the world.

My name is Jessica. I am now eighteen years old, and a junior at Corbin High School. I love to sing and write, which is pretty much already known to everyone at school.

1. Where do you see yourself after high school?
After high school, I plan on going to college and majoring in both English education and journalism with a minor in music.

2. Do you prefer big cities or small towns?
This is an interesting question. I used to have aspirations into wanting to go into the big city like New York City or Los Angeles when I was younger. Now, I prefer to live in a small town where all it's all peaceful and quiet unlike the big city. Plus, it is much easier to be involved in a community than it is in a big city. A big city has way too many people you might not know versus in a small town where you know everybody. That creates isolation and a feeling of loneliness which is why a lot of people who move to the big city end up moving back to a small town in the first place.

3. Any extracurricular activities?
Yes. One of them happens to be academic team, which I have been involved in since my sophomore year. Another happens to be FBLA, and I have been a member since my freshman year. I have been involved in a ton of clubs.

4. What defines popularity?
It seems like popularity has something to do with whether you do sports or not. I disagree with that statement. I believe in treating everybody equally, regardless of popularity. After high school, the concept will not matter anyway.

5. Any Bible verses?
"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.  - Jeremiah 29:11

Warriors are not born and they are not made...Warriors create themselves through trial and error, pain and suffering, and their ability to conquer their own faults. - Matthew 20:26-28

There is more to the story and I can't wait to see how it unfolds.

~Jessica~

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What a Busy July!